Air Fryer Acorn Squash is a simple and delicious healthy side dish. Serve this naturally sweet squash with a drizzle of maple syrup and a dash of cinnamon for the perfect fall recipe.
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Wash and pat dry a small to medium sized acorn squash.
- Place the squash on a cutting board and cut it lengthwise in half.
- Use a spoon to remove and discard the seeds and strands from the inside of the squash.
- Then, rub the outside and inside of the squash with the oil to help prevent burning.
- Place the two halves of the squash inside your air fryer basket, cut side up.
- Cook the squash at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, or until the inside of the squash is fork tender.
- Use tongs to remove the cooked squash from the air fryer basket.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the cooked squash to a serving bowl. Add the sea salt, cinnamon, and maple syrup, and stir to combine.
- Serve hot.
- Some people prefer to serve cooked acorn squash in the shell. If you prefer to serve it that way, then follow the directions up to step 7. Then, drizzle each half of the squash with the salt, cinnamon, and maple syrup, and serve with the shell.
- Store any cooked acorn squash in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer acorn squash, how to cook winter squash in air fryer, acorn squash with cinnamon