This recipe for Air Fryer Chicken Thighs is so easy and delicious. The skin on the chicken thighs gets super crispy, and the lemon and garlic flavoring is just perfect. Meal prep this healthy chicken meal and serve the chicken throughout the week!
- 1.25 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 4 pieces)
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil, I used olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Place the chicken in a bowl and pour in the olive oil, garlic powder, and sea salt. Use a spatula so the chicken gets evenly coated with the oil and seasonings.
- Next, use tongs to place the chicken pieces skin side down in the basket of your air fryer. Set the temperature to 380°F for 12 minutes.
- After the first 12 minutes, use tongs to turn the chicken over and set the time for an additional 10-12 minutes. The chicken will be done cooking when the skin is golden brown and crispy and an instant-read thermometer reads 165°F.
- Use clean tongs to remove the chicken thighs from the air fryer to a serving plate. Slice the lemon and squeeze it over the cooked chicken. Serve hot.
- Feel free to get creative with your seasonings when making Air Fryer Chicken Thighs. If you don’t like garlic, try using an Italian seasoning blend instead. Or, use smoked paprika for a different type of flavoring.
- Once the chicken has cooled, you can transfer it to a covered container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to cook chicken thighs in air fryer, bone-in chicken thighs, air fried lemon chicken