- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds (about the amount from one small pumpkin)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Remove the pumpkin seeds from a fresh pumpkin. Place the seeds and any stringy material from the pumpkin in a colander. Rinse the mixture until the pumpkin seeds are clean.
- Pour the rinsed pumpkin seeds onto a double layer of dry paper towels and pat dry.
- Transfer the dried seeds into a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and salt and stir to combine.
- Line your air fryer basket with parchment paper or aluminum foil and cut 4-6 small slits into the paper or foil to help the hot air circulate.
- Pour the pumpkin seeds into the basket and set the temperature to 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Stop and shake the air fryer basket once during the cooking process.
- The pumpkin seeds should be crunchy and slightly browned when they are done roasting.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled depending on how many seeds are in your pumpkin.
- Roasted pumpkin seeds are the crunchiest when eaten right after they are roasted. However, you can store them in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Feel free to get creative with your seasonings. You can use smoked paprika, dried garlic, or even ground cinnamon.
- Some air fryers need to be preheated. Be sure to read the manufacturer’s guide for your specific air fryer model to determine if it needs to be preheated.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: air fryer pumpkin seeds, air fryer pumpkin seasoning, roasted pumpkin seeds