- 1 small sugar pumpkin, about 3 pounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Wash and pat dry the outside of your pumpkin. Place it on a flat surface and use a Chef’s knife to cut carefully the pumpkin in half from top to bottom, avoiding the stem.
- Open the pumpkin and use a spoon to dig out the seeds. If you want to roast the seeds separately, put them in a bowl and set aside (see my recipe for Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds).
- After you have removed the seeds and any strands from the center of the pumpkin, use your knife to slice the pumpkin into 1 ½-inch chunks, including the skin.
- Place the pumpkin chunks into a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, cinnamon, garlic, rosemary, and salt, and stir to combine.
- Pour the pumpkin chunks into the basket of an air fryer. It’s okay if the chunks overlap in the basket.
- Set the temperature to 400°F for 18-20 minutes, stopping once to toss the pumpkin.
- The pumpkin chunks should be fork-tender when they are done cooking. Serve hot.
- Some pumpkins have a very thick skin and are not great for eating. Be sure to use a culinary pumpkin for this recipe (like a Pie Pumpkin or Sugar Pumpkin), not one that is meant for decoration.
- One 3-pound pumpkin is about the size of a large grapefruit.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you may be able to cook a larger pumpkin. Or, you can cook the pumpkin wedges in two batches if necessary.
- You can also cut the pumpkin into wedges instead of chunks, if you prefer. Some people even like to cut their pumpkin into fry shapes. You may need to adjust the cooking time if you cut your pumpkin into smaller or larger pieces. Be sure to cook the pumpkin long enough so that it is tender throughout.
- Some air fryers need to be preheated. Be sure to read the manufacturer’s guide for your specific air fryer model to determine if it needs to be preheated.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: air fryer pumpkin, how to cook pumpkin in the air fryer, air fryer roasted pumpkin