- 1 3.5–pound to 5 pound whole chicken, neck and giblets removed (see the notes to help determine which size of chicken is best for your air fryer)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Prepare your chicken by placing it breast-side up on a flat surface. Pat it dry with paper towels.
- Then, in a small bowl, combine the oil, paprika, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Drizzle half the oil and seasoning mixture onto the chicken, using your hands or a brush to cover the chicken.
- Then, turn the chicken over and pour the remainder of the oil and seasoning over it. Again, use your hands or a brush to make sure the surface of the chicken is coated.
- Place the lemon slices into the cavity of the chicken.
- Then, transfer the chicken (breast-side down) to the basket of the air fryer.
- Set the time to 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Use tongs to turn the chicken over (breast-side up) and cook it for an additional 20 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into one of the chicken breasts reads 165°F.
- Use clean tongs to remove the chicken to a serving plate. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving hot.
- For a 5-quart air fryer, choose a chicken up to 3.5 pounds. For a 6-quart air-fryer, choose a 4 pound chicken. For an 8-quart air-fryer, you can go up to a 5 pound chicken. For each pound of chicken larger than 3.5 pounds, add an extra 3 minutes of cooking time to the total cooking time.
- If you have a favorite rub or premade seasoning you can use that in place of the spices called for in the recipe.
- Make sure to season both sides of the chicken to ensure maximum flavor.
- Store any leftover cooked chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: costco rotisserie chicken recipe, air fryer rotisserie chicken, whole chicken in air fryer