- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes (you can also use Russet potatoes)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup gluten-free baking flour (use all-purpose flour if you aren’t on a gluten-free diet)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh chives
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Use a box grater or food processor fitted with the shredding disk to grate your zucchini and potatoes.
- Then, place the grated zucchini and potato in a cheesecloth or in the center of several layered clean paper towels. Squeeze the moisture out and then place the vegetables in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in the egg, flour, sea salt, black pepper, and chives.
- Then, use your hands to form the zucchini and potato mixture into thin fritters.
- Lay the fritters on the baking sheet and spray the tops lightly with nonstick cooking spray to help them brown.
- Bake the fritters for 20 minutes, and then use a spatula to flip them over. Spray the opposite sides lightly with the nonstick cooking spray and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- The fritters will be done when they are crispy and have turned a golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot, with your choice of ketchup, sour cream, applesauce, your favorite dipping sauce.
Bob’s gluten-free baking flourBuy Now →
- This recipe makes about 7-8 large fritters.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: baked zucchini fritters, zucchini fritters with potato, healthy fritters