Learn how to make super simple comforting and delicious homemade Buckwheat Bread for your family. This recipe is gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, and yeast-free.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or oat milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray the top lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Set the baking sheet aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond milk, olive oil, buckwheat flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Stir to combine. Let the batter sit for a few minutes to thicken.
- Then, transfer the batter onto the baking sheet and use your hands to form a loaf that is about 2 inches wide and 1 ½ inches tall. The loaf should be flat on top and smaller than most bread loaves.
- Bake the bread for 30 minutes, or until the top starts to turn a golden brown.
- Let the bread cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving warm.
- If you aren’t on a dairy-free diet, then you can use regular dairy milk in place of the plant milk.
- This bread is great served warm with a pat of butter or vegan butter.
- Because this bread is yeast-free and egg-free, it won’t rise like regular bread. But it is still delicious!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: buckwheat quick bread, vegan buckwheat bread recipe, gluten-free quick bread