- 6 cups shredded kale (from 1 pound fresh kale or about 5 large stalks)
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage (from about 1/4 of a medium green cabbage)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered, sliced, or chopped almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded kale and cabbage.
- Then, in a small jar or bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt, and pepper. Cover the jar and shake, or use a whisk to combine the dressing together completely.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and use your hands or tongs to toss the salad and dressing together.
- Top the salad with the sliced almonds and serve immediately.
- You can cut down the prep time for this salad by buying a bag of shredded kale and measuring out 6 cups.
- You can use a food processor fitted with the shredding disk to shred the kale and cabbage. Or, you can use a large chef’s knife to cut the kale and cabbage into thin shreds.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: kale crunch salad, homemade salad dressing, CFA copycat kale salad