- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.25 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large pieces), chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 carrots, chopped into rounds
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles (use gluten-free, if necessary)
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, pour in the olive oil. Turn the heat to medium and let the oil heat up for a few minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic and let it cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken, carrots, celery, thyme, vegetable broth, and bay leaves, and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat to high and let the soup come up to a simmer. Then, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then, remove the lid, stir in the noodles, and turn the heat back up to high. Let the soup come up to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, and cover the pot.
- Let the soup simmer for another 15 minutes, or until the noodles are tender and cooked through.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve hot.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or, you can freeze the leftovers for up to 2 months. Defrost and reheat before serving.
- If you don’t have egg noodles, you can use pasta spirals or elbow pasta instead.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: panera chicken noodle soup ingredients, panera chicken noodle soup at home