This recipe is a paleo and grain-free version of oatmeal using cauliflower rice.
- 1 cup homemade vanilla coconut milk beverage or your favorite dairy-free milk
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups cauliflower rice (about the amount that comes from a medium head of cauliflower)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 scoop collagen protein
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup organic blueberries or chopped strawberries, for topping
- your choice of sweetener, you’ll need the equivalent of 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup or molasses per serving
- Place your choice of dairy-free milk in a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the cauliflower rice and stir to combine. Let the mixture come back to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the eggs, cocoa powder, and collagen protein.
- Cover the pot and let it simmer for 2-3 more minutes for the eggs to cook through. Stir once more before serving.
- Top with chopped fruit and your choice of sweetener*.
*You can also stir the sweetener into the mixture before serving, if you prefer.