Chocolate Cauliflower “Noatmeal” Oatmeal
This recipe is a paleo and grain-free version of oatmeal using cauliflower rice.
- Author: Carrie Forrest, MPH in Nutrition
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 cups cauliflower rice (about the amount that comes from a medium head of cauliflower)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Lakanto maple flavored syrup*
- 2 scoops collagen protein powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries, for topping
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs, for topping
- Place the almond milk and cauliflower rice in a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Stir in the eggs and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, maple-flavored syrup, collagen powder, and almond butter.
- Serve hot, with sliced strawberries and cacao nibs on top.
* You can use real maple syrup, if you prefer. But, then this recipe will not be low-carb.
Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Keywords: cauliflower oatmeal, grain-free oatmeal, paleo oatmeal