- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or your favorite milk
- 3 cups cauliflower rice (about the amount that comes from a medium head of cauliflower)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or Lakanto maple-flavored sweetener
- 2 scoops collagen protein powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries, (optional, for topping)
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs, (optional, for topping)
- Place the almond milk and cauliflower rice in a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Stir in the eggs and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, sweetener, collagen powder, and almond butter.
- Serve hot, with sliced strawberries and cacao nibs on top (optional).
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- If you aren’t on a strict low-carb diet, feel free to use up to 1/2 cup of rolled oats along with 1/2 cup of cauliflower rice to make this recipe most like a real oatmeal. The cooking instructions stay the same.
- If you are short on time, you can make the cauliflower rice up to 2 days ahead of time. Or, you can use bagged cauliflower rice or frozen cauliflower rice.
- You can use whatever type of milk you like in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: cauliflower oatmeal, grain-free oatmeal, paleo oatmeal