This recipe is a paleo and grain-free version of oatmeal using cauliflower rice.
- 1 1/2 cups homemade vanilla coconut milk beverage or your favorite dairy-free milk
- 4 cups cauliflower rice (usually the amount that comes from a medium head of cauliflower)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup organic blueberries, for topping
- your choice of sweetener, you’ll need the equivalent of 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup or molasses per serving
- Place the coconut beverage or your choice of dairy-free milk in a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the cauliflower rice and stir to combine. Let the mixture come back to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cinnamon and cocoa powder.
- Lastly, add the eggs and stir into the mixture. Cover the pot and let it sit for 3-4 minutes for the eggs to cook through. Stir once more before serving.
- Top with blueberries and your choice of sweetener*.
- Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers and re-heat before serving.
*You can also stir the sweetener into the mixture before serving, if you prefer.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 16.7
- Sodium: 113.8
- Fat: 15.1
- Saturated Fat: 10.7
- Carbohydrates: 29.1
- Fiber: 8.2
- Protein: 10.1
- Cholesterol: 160