- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk (or your favorite dairy-free milk)
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (or your favorite nut or seed)
- Rinse and drain your buckwheat groats using a fine-mesh strainer. Transfer them to a 6-quart Instant Pot electric pressure cooker.
- Add the almond milk, banana, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 5 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes. Then, use the quick release to get rid of any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and stir in the maple syrup. Serve immediately, topped with the chopped walnuts.
- This recipe can easily be doubled if you want more servings.
- The leftovers can be frozen in an air-tight container for up to 2 months. Defrost and reheat before serving.
- This recipe is best made using dairy-free milk as opposed to dairy milk which can curdle when cooked in an Instant Pot.
- The total cook time includes the time for the pot to come up to pressure, plus the natural release time.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: buckwheat, porridge, gluten free breakfast, instant pot