This Power Green Smoothie is dairy-free and full of energizing ingredients that also benefit the skin. You are going to love this healthy recipe.
- 1 large bunch of collard greens or kale
- 2 cups carrot juice
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup frozen sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 scoops collagen powder (leave out for vegan or replace with a plant-based protein powder)
- Prep the collard greens or kale by washing each leaf and remove the stems. Discard the stems and place the leaves in a steamer basket. Steam the leaves for 3 minutes. You can also steam the greens by placing them in a microwave-safe bowl, adding a tablespoon of water, covering with plastic wrap, and microwaving for 45 seconds.*
- In the base of a high-speed blender, pour in the carrot juice and hemp seeds.
- Add the cherries, mango chunks, pineapple, steamed collard greens, cocoa powder, and collagen powder.
- Put the lid on tightly and process for 60-75 seconds. The smoothie should be well combined and creamy. Stop and scrape down the sides, if necessary, to make sure the smoothie gets completely blended with no chunks.
- Pour into two glasses and serve immediately.
It is not necessary to steam the collard greens or kale, but doing so will help reduce the oxalate content and make them more easily digestible. Steaming also helps reduce any bitterness of the flavor.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Dairy-free, healthy
Keywords: collard greens smoothie, glowing greens smoothie, superfood smoothie