Get ready for a delicious treat! This recipe for Cookies and Cream Nice Cream is a vegan and dairy-free homemade version of an American classic. It takes less than 15 minutes to make this yummy frozen dessert.
- 3 frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2–4 Oreo or chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- Place the banana chunks, vanilla extract, and almond milk inside a food processor fitted with the S blade.
- Turn on high and let the food processor run for 3-5 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Turn off the food processor and add the crushed cookies. Pulse on high a few times until the cookies have incorporated into the nice cream.
- Serve immediately.
- To freeze your bananas, let them get ripe and spotted. Break them or slice them into chunks and freeze flat on a baking sheet. Then, transfer the frozen banana chunks to a ziptop bag for storage or use them right away.
- This ice cream is best served right after making it. You can freeze it up to 1-2 hours to get a firmer texture, but it will freeze very hard if left in the freezer longer than that. If that happens, let the ice cream sit on the countertop for a few minutes to soften.
- You can make this recipe in a blender, but you will need one fitted with a tamper to help push the frozen banana chunks into the blade.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Food processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana soft serve, banana nice cream, vegan nice cream, dairy-free ice cream