This Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad is a delicious way to use up leftover cooked chicken. This nutritious salad is light and creamy, with great texture and mix of sweet and tart flavors. Gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and Whole30.
- 2 cups cooked shredded or chopped chicken (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, chopped and toasted (see notes)
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries (use unsweetened cranberries for keto, low-carb, and Whole30 diets)
- 2 celery stalks, sliced thinly
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (about two shakes)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, walnuts, cranberries, celery, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and hot sauce. Stir well to combine.
- Serve immediately, or cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To toast your walnuts, heat a small dry skillet over low heat. Add the walnuts and let them toast for several minutes, tossing them occasionally to toast evenly. Keep an eye on the walnuts so they don’t burn.
- This recipe can be easily doubled depending on how many servings you want.
- You can also use leftover cooked turkey in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: cranberry walnut salad, best chicken salad recipe, chicken salad with cranberries