This recipe for Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken is so easy and delicious. You only need five simple ingredients for a hearty and flavorful chicken dinner that is not too spicy. Serve this gluten-free dish with cooked rice and steamed vegetables for a healthy meal.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil, for sautéing
- 1.75 pounds organic, boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about
- 1/4 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 4–ounce cans of green chiles
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Use tongs to add the chicken thighs to the pan. Place a lid on the skillet and cook for 3 minutes each side, turning the thighs over one time to cook evenly.
- Transfer the chicken to a 5-quart slow-cooker.
- Pour the green chiles over the chicken and sprinkle on the taco seasoning. Add the sprig of fresh rosemary on top.
- Cover the slow-cooker and cook for 4-6 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Serve hot with your choice of cauliflower rice, cooked brown or white rice, or your favorite side dish.
- You can easily double this recipe and freeze the leftovers.
- This recipe keeps in the refrigerator for up to 4 days after cooking. Reheat before serving.
- For added flavor, serve this dish with a squeeze of fresh lime and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.
- If you don’t have fresh rosemary, you can substitute 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
- If you don’t mind spicy foods, increase the taco seasoning to 1 teaspoon.
- If you don’t have taco seasoning, you can use a pinch of each ground cumin, smoked paprika, dried garlic, dried oregano, and dried chili powder.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Crockpot slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crockpot chicken thighs, chicken dinner, chicken thighs, slow-cooker chicken, whole30 chicken