Crockpot Chicken Thighs with Green Chiles (Gluten-Free, Whole30)
For an easy dinner made gluten-free but full of flavor, here’s my Crockpot Chicken Thighs with Green Chiles.
- Author: Carrie Forrest, MPH in Nutrition
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Crockpot slow cooker
- Cuisine: gluten free, healthy
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, for sautéing
- 1.75 pounds organic, boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ teaspoon Primal Palate Taco Seasoning, or your favorite taco seasoning
- 2 4-ounce cans of green chiles
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Use tongs to add the chicken thighs to the pan. Place a lid on the skillet and cook for 3 minutes each side, turning the thighs over one time to cook evenly.
- Transfer the chicken to a 5-quart slow-cooker.
- Pour the green chiles over the chicken and sprinkle on the taco seasoning. Add the sprig of fresh rosemary on top.
- Cover the slow-cooker and cook for 4-6 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Serve hot with your choice of cauliflower rice, cooked brown or white rice, or your favorite side dish. Sliced avocado makes a great topping!
You can easily double this recipe and freeze the leftovers.
Keywords: crockpot chicken thighs, chicken dinner, chicken thighs, slow-cooker chicken, whole30 chicken