You won’t miss the dairy in this delicious Dairy-Free Green Bean Casserole. This is a great side dish for your holiday table. This recipe is really easy too since it uses frozen green beans.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 12–ounce bag frozen cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced button or cremini mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (use gluten-free baking flour if you are on a gluten-free diet)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth (vegetarians or vegans can use vegetable broth)
- 1 cup French fried onions
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Open the bag of green beans and pour them into the casserole dish. Set the dish aside while you make the sauce.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until they start to brown.
- Add the flour, garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, and coconut milk, and whisk the ingredients until the flour is dissolved.
- Add the broth and stir together with the other ingredients. Turn the heat off the stove and pour the mixture from the skillet over the green beans in the casserole dish.
- Divide the fried onions on top of the casserole and place it in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the green beans are soft and the filling is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving hot.
- If you don’t have my recipe for dairy-free cream of chicken soup on hand, you can replace the coconut milk and chicken broth in this recipe for 1 1/4 cups of the soup.
- Look for packaged French fried onions in the condiments section of most grocery stores. You can even find gluten-free fried onions these days.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Holiday
Keywords: green bean casserole no milk, lactose free green bean casserole