This Simple Potato Salad made without eggs is perfect for a quick summer side dish that is tangy, creamy, and slightly sweet. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan-friendly.
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow potatoes, red potatoes, or Russet potatoes (about 6–8 medium potatoes)
- 1 cup water (for cooking)
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup prepared mayonnaise (VEGAN: be sure use an egg-free brand)
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice (from a container of dill or bread and butter pickles)
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- Scrub the potatoes potatoes and dry them gently with a clean towel. Peel them if you want to (this is an optional step).
- Then, place the trivet inside a 6-quart pressure cooker with 1 cup of water. Place the potatoes on top of the trivet and lock on the lid.
- Cook at high pressure for 15 minutes. Once the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for about 10 minutes. Then, use the quick release and carefully remove the lid.
- Use tongs to transfer the potatoes to a cutting board. Cut them into bite-sized pieces, about 1-inch in size. Put the cooked potato cubes into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the celery, onion, mustard, mayonnaise, pickle juice, and pickle relish, and use a spatula to mix together.
- Stir in the salt and pepper and serve immediately. Or, you can cover the bowl and refrigerate the salad until you’re ready to serve.
- *If you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can easily cook your potatoes on the stovetop. Just boil the whole potatoes for about 20 minutes, or until they are fork-tender.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- You can use Russet potatoes, white potatoes, gold potatoes, or red potatoes for potato salad.
- You can substitute vinegar for the pickle juice. Distilled vinegar, apple cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, or red wine vinegar will all work well.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make potato salad using an instant pot, egg-free potato salad, dairy-free potato salad