- 1 cup heated all-purpose flour (use gluten-free baking flour for gluten-free diets)
- 1/2 cup salted butter (use vegan butter for dairy-free diets), warmed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–4 tablespoons sprinkles (optional, for adding color and extra texture)
- To heat your flour, preheat your oven to 350°F. Spread your raw flour on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 10 minutes. The flour should heat up during this amount of time to reduce any chance of foodborne illness. If you prefer to use the microwave, you can spread your flour on a microwave-safe plate and heat for at least 30 seconds to have the same effect.
- While the flour is heating, place the warmed butter and sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to cream the ingredients until a soft dough forms.
- Then, use a spatula to stir in the flour, vanilla, and sprinkles.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate and serve chilled.
- If you prefer a lower glycemic version, you can use coconut sugar instead of white sugar. But, please note that the coconut sugar will change the color of the dough and make it darker than regular sugar cookie dough.
- You can also form the cookie dough into balls. Chill the cookie dough for about 20-30 minutes before forming it into balls and serving.
- You can heat and cool your flour up to a few days in advance of making this recipe. You don’t necessarily need to heat it right before using. If you do heat the flour ahead of time, store it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to make your edible cookie dough.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: edible cookie dough with sprinkles, gluten-free edible cookie dough