Here’s an easy step-by-step guide for making frozen chicken wings in the air fryer with no defrosting needed. Serve your crispy wings with homemade Buffalo Sauce for an easy appetizer or even as the main dish.
- 2 pounds frozen chicken wings (about 12 pieces)
- ¼ cup hot sauce, I used Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee (use vegan butter for dairy allergies)
- Place the frozen chicken wings inside the basket of an air fryer. Try not to let the wings overlap too much.
- Set the temperature to 400°F for a total of 30 minutes, tossing the chicken wings in the basket every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the hot sauce and butter or ghee in a small saucepan over low heat. Let the mixture come to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and put the lid on the pot. Let the pot sit until the chicken is done cooking.
- When the chicken wings are finished cooking, use tongs to transfer them to a serving plate. The skin on the wings should turn a dark golden brown and be crispy when they are done.
- Pour the buffalo sauce into a bowl and serve alongside the cooked chicken wings for dipping.
- If you have an air fryer on the smaller size, you may need to cook one pound of frozen wings at a time to ensure that the wings do not overlap too much.
- To make sure the chicken wings are fully cooked inside, use an instant-read thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature is at least 165°F before serving.
- You can serve the chicken wings with any sauce you like, including BBQ sauce or ranch dressing.
- You can also make this recipe using fresh or defrosted chicken wings. To cook fresh or defrosted chicken wings in the air fryer, set the temperature to 360°F for a total of 24 minutes, tossing the wings at least once during the cooking process.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fried wings, gluten-free chicken wings, chicken wings with buffalo sauce