For the Cake:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Baking Flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (use regular milk if you aren’t on a dairy-free diet)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (use melted butter if you don’t need to avoid dairy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
For the crumble topping:
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (use melted butter if you don’t need to avoid dairy)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Spray a square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 ¼ cups of the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Stir to combine and then fold in the blueberries. Set the bowl aside.
- Next, in a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, maple syrup, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Pour the batter into your baking dish.
- To make the crumble topping, combine the remaining ¾ cup of flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, coconut oil, and pecans in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Use a spatula to spread the crumble topping over the top of the batter in the baking dish.
- Then, place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the coffee cake comes out clean.
- Let the coffee cake cool for a few minutes before serving warm or at room temperature.
Bob’s gluten-free baking flourBuy Now →
- Use a pre-made gluten-free baking mix that has a blend of ingredients including xantham gum for the best results. I use Bob’s Red Mill 1-to Gluten-Free Baking Flour.
- If you aren’t dairy-free, you can use regular butter instead of coconut oil for this recipe.
- To make this recipe vegan, use an egg replacer for the three eggs.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: coffee cake made with gluten free flour, blueberry coffee cake recipe