When making the classic holiday dishes, use this healthy and allergy-friendly recipe for Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup. This recipe makes the equivalent of one can of Campbell’s soup.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free baking flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour the olive oil into a large saucepan over medium heat. Let the oil heat up for a few minutes and then add the flour. Whisk the flour into the oil and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Add the milk, broth, garlic powder, and black pepper, and continue whisking while the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let the mixture simmer for about 5-7 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer the condensed cream of chicken soup to a jar or use it in a recipe as needed.
- You can use vegan butter instead of oil, if you prefer.
- The soup will thicken up as it cools.
- You can store your prepared condensed cream of chicken soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can also freeze it for up to 2 months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: healthy recipe for cream of chicken soup, no milk cream of chicken soup, homemade cream of chicken soup