I really like the flavor of these crackers, it’s pretty amazing that they are made from green pulp. The tamari and nutritional yeast pumps up the flavor and the pulp, flax and chia seeds give them a wonderful texture.
- Pulp from 1 bunch of juiced kale leaves and stems and 1 bunch of parsley (about 1 1/2 cups of pulp total)
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine ingredients in a food processor and whirl until combined.
- Pour mixture onto a dehydrator sheet or baking sheet and flatten as much as possible using a spatula. Then, use a knife to score batter into crackers.
- Dehydrate on 120 degrees for 12 hours and flip. Dehydrator for another 12 hours (24 hours total) or until completely dry and crispy.
- If using an oven, use the minimum temperature setting with the convention fan on and keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn. I did have not tried making them in an oven so I cannot recommend how long it will take to cook them (let me know if you try it this way!).