This Honey Sesame Chicken is a healthy copycat recipe of a Panda Express favorite. Make this easy chicken dinner for your next weeknight meal. Serve it with rice or cauliflower rice.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup snap peas, stems removed and cut in half
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (use tamari for gluten-free diets)
- 1 tablespoon siracha
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Cooked white rice or sautéed cauliflower rice (optional, for serving)
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the cooking oil over medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper and chicken strips and stir. Cover the skillet and cook the chicken with the pepper for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and stir in the snap peas, honey, soy sauce or tamari, and siracha. Stir and let the dish cook uncovered for another 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has started to thicken.
- Serve hot, with seeds sprinkled on top.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- To toast sesame seeds, place them in a dry skillet over medium heat. Let them toast to a golden brown, keeping an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: copycat panda express, sesame chicken, gluten-free chicken