If you want to freeze cauliflower so that you can enjoy it at a later date, you’ll want to check out this step-by-step guide on how to freeze cauliflower.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Use a sharp knife to cut the head of cauliflower in half.
- Then, use your hands to break up the cauliflower into florets. Place the florets in a colander to give them a quick rinse.
- Then, place the cauliflower florets in a steamer basket. Steam for 5 minutes. Or, if you prefer to use the microwave, place the florets in a microwave-safe bowl with about 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in the plastic. Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the steamed cauliflower florets to the baking sheet. Spread the florets out so they are not touching each other.
- Freeze the baking sheet for 5-6 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Then, remove the baking sheet from the freezer and transfer the frozen florets to a zip-top bag or freezer-safe container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: freezing cauliflower, how to freeze cauliflower for smoothies