- 1 head of romaine, roughly chopped with the core and base removed
- 1 cucumber, cut into large chunks
- 3 carrots, cut into large pieces
- 3 celery stalks, cut into large pieces
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- In the base of a food processor fitted with the “S” blade, combine the romaine, cucumber, carrots, celery, and broccoli.
- Pulse or process on high for 15-20 seconds, or until the ingredients are chopped to the desired consistency. Do not overprocess the vegetables or they will become mushy.
- Transfer the chopped vegetables to a large serving bowl. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
- Top the salad with the hemp seeds and serve immediately.
- To make this salad even more filling, feel free to serve it with a cooked lean protein. For a vegan option, try roasted tofu or steamed edamame.
- You can also use the broccoli stem in your salad. Try peeling the stem and cutting into large chunks to add to the food processor.
- This recipe is very forgiving! You can use whatever vegetables you have in your refrigerator.
- This salad is best served on the day it is made, but you can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: chopped salad, vegan chopped salad, food processor salad