Here’s a step-by-step tutorial for making homemade almond milk that is super creamy. This recipe is vegan and dairy-free, and perfect for a dairy substitute.
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked in hot water for at least 15 minutes
- 4 cups filtered water
- To easily remove the skins from the almonds, soak them in almost-boiling water for at least 15 minutes. Being careful to not burn your fingers, drain the hot water and then use your fingers to remove and discard the skin from each almond.*
- Place the almonds in a high-speed blender and add the water.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds or up to 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into a nut milk bag over a larger bowl. Use your hands to squeeze the liquid into the bowl. Discard the pulp or save it for another use.
- Use immediately or store the almond milk in the refrigerator.
- *You don’t have to remove the skins from the almonds, but this will help reduce the lectins in the almond milk.
- Homemade almond milk will keep in the refrigerator in a tightly-sealed container for at least 5 days. If the milk starts to separate, just give the jar a quick shake before using it.
- To make a sweeter version, add 2 pitted Medjool dates to the almonds and water. You can also add the seeds of one vanilla bean pod or 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract to make a vanilla version.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: High-Speed Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: almond milk with no skins, vitamix almond milk, almond beverage