- 1 cup raw almonds
- 4 cups filtered water
- Place your almonds in a large mixing bowl if you plan to peel them.
- Add very hot water to your bowl with the almonds and let them soak for at least 15 minutes. This will help loosen the skins so that they are easier to peel.
- After the almonds have soaked, give them a quick rinse in a colander with fresh water. Then, use your hands to manually remove the skin from each almond.
- Combine the peeled almonds with the water in the base of your Vitamix or high-speed blender. Blend on high for 30-45 seconds, or until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Pour the blended milk through a nut milk bag, squeezing from the top down into a large bowl.
- Lastly, just pour your mixture into your storage container.
- You don’t have to remove the skins from the almonds, but this will help make the almond milk super creamy.
- Homemade almond milk will keep in the refrigerator in a tightly-sealed container for at least 5 days. If the milk starts to separate, just give the jar a quick shake before using it.
- To make a sweeter version, add 2 pitted Medjool dates to the almonds and water. You can also add the seeds of one vanilla bean pod or 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract to make a vanilla version.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Beverages
- Method: High-Speed Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: almond milk with no skins, vitamix almond milk, almond beverage