This post shares how to cook frozen broccoli that is an easy, healthy side dish that is great for weeknight meals. The trick is to roast the frozen florets in a really hot oven so they get nice and crispy.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place 1 teaspoon of coconut oil on a baking sheet and place it in the oven. Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- While your oven is pre-heating, place the frozen broccoli florets in a large mixing bowl. Pour over two tablespoons of the melted coconut oil and toss to coat the florets with the oil.
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from your oven and pour the broccoli florets onto the baking sheet.
- Use your hands or tongs to separate the florets so they aren’t touching each other.
- Roast the broccoli for 20 minutes, or until the florets have started to brown.
- Sprinkle the roasted broccoli with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
- This method works great for frozen cauliflower florets with no changes to the temperature or cooking time. For other vegetables, though, you might need to increase or decrease the cooking time to prevent the veggies from burning.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: frozen broccoli recipe, frozen broccoli florets, roasted broccoli from frozen