- 1 cup water
- 4–8 large Russet potatoes, scrubbed and patted dry
- Place the trivet inside of a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot.
- Pour in the water and add the potatoes on top.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 20 minutes at high pressure.
- Once the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes. Then, release the remaining pressure and remove the lid.
- Use tongs to remove the potatoes. Serve warm.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Here are cooking times for other sizes of Russet potatoes (baby: 7 minutes; small: 10 minutes; medium: 15 minutes; large (the most common size): 20 minutes; extra-large: 25 minutes)
- You don’t need to worry about pricking holes in your potatoes before cooking.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: pressure cooker potatoes, instant pot russet potato, instant pot potato