- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups white rice, rinsed well in a fine-mesh strainer
- 2 1/4 cups filtered water
- Lightly spray the bottom and lower parts of the inside of your pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the rinsed rice and water in the base of a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 6 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cooking time is up, carefully use the quick release to let out any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid, stir, and serve hot.
- Use an oven mitt whenever you use the quick-release to protect your hands from the hot steam.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or, place any leftovers in a zip-top bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
- You can easily double this recipe in a 6-quart or 8-quart pot.
- For a long-grain brown rice, cook for 22 minutes at high pressure. Use a 1:1 rice to water ratio.
- The total cook time for this recipe includes 10 minutes for the pot to come up to pressure.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Indian
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 3.1 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.7 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: two cups cooked basmati rice, pressure cooker white basmati rice