This recipe for Instant Pot White Basmati Rice is so easy! Say goodbye to overcooked, undercooked, or mushy rice. This pressure cooker method results in perfectly cooked, fluffy rice that goes great with almost any main dish.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups white rice, rinsed well
- 2 cups filtered water
- Lightly spray the bottom and lower parts of the inside of your pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the rinsed rice and water in the base of a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 6 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes, and then use the quick release to let out any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and serve hot.
- Use an oven mitt whenever you use the quick-release to protect your hands from the hot steam.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or, place any leftovers in a zip-top bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
- You can easily double this recipe in a 6-quart or 8-quart pot.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: two cups cooked basmati rice, pressure cooker white basmati rice