This easy Instant Pot Chili is the perfect meal prep dinner. It’s nourishing and hearty, and freezes and re-heats really well.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 1 ¾ cup low-sodium beef broth
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 15-ouce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot and pour in the avocado oil. Let the oil heat up for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and onion and let them cook for a couple of minutes so they start to soften.
- Add the ground beef and use a spatula or wooden spoon to break up the meat. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the broth, sweet potatoes, pinto beans, tomato paste, chili powder, ground cumin, and salt.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 10 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, and then release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid, stir, and serve hot.
This chili will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days, or frozen for up to 2 months.