- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces pre-cooked andouille sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups long-grain white rice, rinsed well
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 15–ounce can diced tomatoes, with the juice
- 1/2 pound medium-sized frozen, deveined shrimp
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Press Sauté on a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot. Drizzle in the olive oil and let it heat up for a couple of minutes.
- Add the sausage, onion, and bell pepper, and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the sausage starts to brown and the veggies start to soften.
- Cancel the Sauté function on the Instant Pot and add the rice, chicken broth, and Cajun seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Pour the diced tomatoes on top of the rice and vegetable mixture, but don’t stir. Then, add the shrimp on top, but don’t stir.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 4 minutes on high pressure.
- Once the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes.
- Then, use the quick-release to get rid of any remaining pressure. Remove the lid and stir in the Worcestershire sauce.
- Serve hot.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- Cajun seasoning is a mixture of common spices. You can make it yourself with equal parts kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, and onion powder with a pinch of cayenne and black pepper (or more if you like it spicy!).
- You can substitute cooked chicken sausage for the andouille sausage, if you prefer.
- If you want a spicier flavor reminiscent of authentic cajun cooking, feel free to serve this dish with hot sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Cajun
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: instant pot cajun recipe, jambalaya with cooked sausage