This recipe for Instant Pot Jambalaya is the perfect solution for weekday meal prep. The sausage and rice get cooked together with Cajun seasoning and tender shrimp. This is another easy recipe that should give you leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces pre-cooked andouille sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups long-grain white rice, rinsed well
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, with the juice
- 1/2 pound medium-sized frozen, deveined shrimp
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Press Sauté on a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot. Drizzle in the olive oil and let it heat up for a couple of minutes.
- Add the sausage, onion, and bell pepper, and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the sausage starts to brown and the veggies start to soften.
- Cancel the Sauté function on the Instant Pot and add the rice, chicken broth, and Cajun seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Pour the diced tomatoes on top of the rice and vegetable mixture, but don’t stir. Then, add the shrimp on top, but don’t stir.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 4 minutes on high pressure.
- Once the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes.
- Then, use the quick-release to get rid of any remaining pressure. Remove the lid and stir in the Worcestershire sauce.
- Serve hot.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- Cajun seasoning is a mixture of common spices. You can make it yourself with equal parts kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, and onion powder with a pinch of cayenne and black pepper (or more if you like it spicy!).
- You can substitute cooked chicken sausage for the andouille sausage, if you prefer.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Cajun
Keywords: instant pot cajun recipe, jambalaya with cooked sausage