- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1.25 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups freshly-squeezed orange juice (from about 3-4 oranges)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch or corn starch
- Press the Sauté button on your Instant Pot. Pour in the cooking oil and let it heat up for a few minutes.
- Then, add the chicken, onion, and bell pepper. Stir and let cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Cancel the Sauté button and add the orange juice, sugar, and salt. Stir and lock on the lid.
- Set the time to 8 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes. Then, use the quick-release to get rid of any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and press the Sauté button. Whisk in the arrowroot starch or cornstarch for about 2 minutes, or until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Cancel the Sauté button and serve the orange chicken over steamed white rice, brown rice, or sautéed cauliflower rice.
- Serve hot.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- You can easily double this recipe if you want to make more servings.
- The total cooking time includes approximately 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure. The total time also includes 10 minutes of natural pressure release.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 243
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 522.1 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 26.6 g
- Cholesterol: 82.7 mg
Keywords: healthy orange chicken, pressure cooker orange chicken, chicken with orange juice