- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 pound red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into quarters
- 1 pound baby carrots (or 1 pound regular carrots cut into 1-inch slices)
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee (use vegan butter for dairy allergies)
- Place the trivet or a steamer basket inside a 6-quart Instant Pot.
- Pour in the vegetable broth. Then, add the potatoes and carrots (don’t worry if some pieces fall through the trivet to the bottom of the pot).
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 5 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes.
- Then, carefully remove the lid.
- Transfer the cooked potatoes and carrots to a serving bowl. Add the butter or ghee to the veggies and toss them to combine. Serve hot.
- If you want to reduce the sodium content of this dish, you can use reduced-sodium vegetable broth or water.
- You can substitute any type of potato for the red potatoes. Just be sure that you cut them into chunks that are about 1-inch in size to ensure that they get cooked through.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- The total cooking time includes approximately 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure. The total time also includes 10 minutes of natural pressure release.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: instant pot vegetables, instant pot potatoes, instant pot carrots