This easy recipe for Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken is a summertime favorite! This one-pot barbecue chicken can be served on top of a salad, in a sandwich, or plain. This recipe is made gluten-free and dairy-free.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3-4 pieces)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup prepared BBQ Sauce
- Place the trivet inside a 6-quart Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Add the water and then place the chicken on top of the trivet. Lock on the lid and set the time to 10 minutes.
- When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for about 10 minutes. Then, use the quick-release to get rid of any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Then, remove the trivet from the pot and discard the liquid.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the pot and pour in the BBQ sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Stir to combine and serve hot.
- If you want to double or triple this recipe, you don’t have to double the amount of water you use.
- If you’re on a gluten-free diet, be sure to look for prepared BBQ sauce that is gluten-free.
- The total cooking time includes approximately 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure. The total time also includes 10 minutes of natural pressure release.
- Store any leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pressure cooker bbq chicken, instant pot bbq chicken, instant pot gluten-free chicken