This recipe for Instant Pot Dal is so easy! This is the perfect healthy vegetarian and vegan meal that can be made in just 30 minutes. Serve your red lentil stew with steamed rice for a hearty meal.
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup light canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala*
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional, for topping)
- fresh lemon (optional, for topping)
- In the bowl of a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot, combine the rinsed lentils, vegetable broth, coconut milk, onions, tomatoes, coriander seeds, curry powder, and garam masala. Stir to combine.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 5 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for about 5 minutes. Then, use the quick-release to get rid of the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid, stir the soup, and serve hot.
- Top with chopped cilantro leaves and a squeeze of fresh lemon, if desired.
- *If you do not have garam masala, you can substitute ground cumin instead.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Re-heat before serving.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: instant pot red lentil soup, vegan red lentil dal, instant pot indian lentils