- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup white Basmati rice, rinsed well in a fine-mesh strainer
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 8–ounce bag of frozen mixed vegetables (I used half of a 16-ounce bag of frozen peas, carrots, and green beans)
- 1 pound large frozen shrimp (peeled and deveined; about 15 pieces)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- Lightly spray the bottom and sides of the base of a 6-quart Instant Pot with your cooking spray.
- Then, combine the rinsed rice, broth, and frozen vegetables in the Instant Pot.
- Place the frozen shrimp on top of the rice and vegetables, but don’t stir.
- Lock on the lid and set the cook time to 5 minutes.
- When the cook time is up, use the quick release. Carefully remove the lid.
- Stir in the lemon juice and butter or ghee and serve hot.
- This recipe isn’t easily doubled because the shrimp may not get cooked through if they are too crowded.
- The total cook time for this recipe is around 20 minutes which includes 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot shrimp and rice, instant pot rice, shrimp and veggies