This hearty and healthy Instant Pot Turkey Chili is a super easy meal prep recipe. Make a big batch and enjoy it throughout the week. This family favorite recipe is also gluten-free, paleo, and Whole30.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Select Sauté and add the oil to the inner pot. Once hot, add the ground turkey. Using a wooden spoon, stir the meat to keep it from sticking and to break it into crumbles, about 2 minutes.
- Press Cancel and add the sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, bell pepper, tomatoes, and chicken broth to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Lock the lid into place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, and adjust the pressure to High and the time to 8 minutes. Make sure the steam release knob is in the sealed position. After cooking, naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes, then carefully quick release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid. Stir in the cumin, chili powder, and salt.
- Serve immediately, or place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- If you have leftovers, you can freezer them in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe.
- You can also substitute ground beef for the ground turkey, if you prefer.
- STOVETOP DIRECTIONS: Grab a large lidded pot. Heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté the vegetables and turkey for a few minutes. Add the herbs, salt, and pepper, along with the broth and sweet potatoes. Increase the heat to high, bring the mixture to a boil, and then lower the heat, cover the pot, and simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are cooked through. Serve hot.
- Category: Main dishes
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: paleo chili, whole30 chili, gluten free chili