Learn how to make Instant Pot Wild Rice for a quick and easy side dish. Wild rice is a healthy food that can be incorporated into many different types of recipes including soups and salads. Wild rice is naturally gluten-free and vegan.
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice (or a wild rice blend)
- 1 1/2 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth (or water)
- Place your wild rice in a fine-mesh colander and rinse well with running water.
- Pour the rinsed rice into a 6-quart Instant Pot, along with the broth or water.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 30 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes. Then, use the quick release to get rid of any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and use a fork to fluff the rice.
- Serve warm.
- You can easily double this recipe to make more servings.
- You can use either 100% wild rice or a wild rice blend for this recipe.
- Store any leftover cooked wild rice in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- There’s no need to soak the rice for this recipe. You only need to rinse it since the Instant Pot will perfectly cook the rice.
- You can freeze cooked wild rice. Place the cooled rice into a freezer-safe container or ziptop bag and use within 3 months for best results. To thaw, place the bag in the refrigerator overnight and then use.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: instant pot wild rice, how to cook wild rice, instant pot wild rice blend