This Instant Pot Zucchini with Tomatoes and Garlic is an easy summer side dish that everyone loves. This recipe uses seasonal produce and is so flavorful. Gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, with the juices
- ½ onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried basil (or dried oregano)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour the olive oil into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Then, add the zucchini slices on top of the oil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, dried basil, salt, and pepper.
- Stir to combine and then pour the tomato mixture over the zucchini, but don’t stir.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 4 minutes at high pressure. When the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for about 10 minutes. Then, use the quick release to get rid of any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid, stir, and serve hot.
- If you aren’t on a dairy-free or vegan diet, feel free to serve this dish with some freshly-grated Parmesan cheese on top. For dairy-free and vegan, you can use a dairy-free Parmesan cheese alternative (or just leave it out).
- The total cooking time includes approximately 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure and 10 minutes of natural pressure release.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: zucchini in pressure cooker, zucchini in instant pot, vegan zucchini recipe