- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked, shredded turkey
- 1 cup cooked mashed potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In the base of an Instant Pot or a large pot, heat up the olive oil using the sauté function.
- Add the carrots, zucchini, onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cancel the sauté button and add the bay leaves, chicken broth, shredded turkey, mashed potatoes, sea salt, and black pepper. Lock on the lid and set the time to 2 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, use the quick release to get rid of the pressure. (I always recommend using an oven mitt when turning the valve from sealed to release to avoid getting burned with the steam).
- Remove the lid and use tongs to fish out the bay leaves and discard.
- Serve the soup hot.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- If you prefer to use cooked vegetables, then skip the sauté step and simply include them with the turkey, broth and mashed potatoes. Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes.
- STOVETOP directions: in a large pot, heat up the olive oil over medium heat. Add the carrots, zucchini, onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken broth, bay leaves, turkey, and mashed potatoes and increase the heat to high. Bring the chicken broth to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, let the pot simmer for 6-8 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened and the turkey and mashed potatoes have warmed through. Remove the bay leaves and serve the soup hot.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot or stovetop
- Cuisine: Thanksgiving
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: leftover turkey soup, leftover turkey ideas, thanksgiving turkey soup