This Oil-Free Hummus makes such a creamy and delicious spread that you can serve with veggies or crackers. You only need four ingredients for this vegan and gluten-free plant-based recipe.
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo (chickpea) beans, rinsed and drained (reserve 1/4 cup of the liquid if you like a thinner texture to your hummus)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup unsalted tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- chopped fresh chives (optional, for topping)
- In the base of a food processor or high-speed blender, combine the garbanzo beans, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, salt, and pepper.
- Process on high for 45 seconds to a minute, or until the ingredients are combined and creamy.
- If you need help getting the mixture to blend, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of water to the mixture.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate and serve chilled.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- You can make this in a high speed blender like a Vitamix, but you may need to add a few tablespoons of water to help get the mixture started.
- If you prefer the texture of a thin hummus, you can also include 1/4 cup of the liquid from the can of chickpeas, known as aquafaba. Otherwise, if you like a thick hummus like I do, you won’t need any of the aquafaba.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Food processor
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: clean eating hummus, hummus with no olive oil