- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari (use coconut aminos for soy-free diets)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 2 large pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices and then cut into quarters
- 1 cup button mushrooms, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- Cooked white rice or sauteed cauliflower rice (optional, for serving)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, ground ginger, garlic, honey, rice vinegar, and corn starch. Use a whisk to combine the marinade and then set aside.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and add it to the bowl. Stir the chicken so it gets coated with the marinade.
- Then, in a large skillet over medium heat, add the cooking oil. Let it heat up for a few minutes.
- Pour the chicken and marinade into the skillet. Cover and let the chicken cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then, remove the lid and add the zucchini and mushrooms. Stir with the chicken and cook uncovered for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the vegetables have softened and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot, with your choice of cooked white rice or sauteed cauliflower rice.
- You can easily double this copycat recipe to make more servings.
- Be sure to use tamari or coconut aminos if you are on a gluten-free diet.
- Want to reduce the sugar in this recipe? Just leave out the honey.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- You can keep this recipe low-carb by serving it with sautéed cauliflower rice. I like it best on top of steamed white rice, though.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian-Inspired
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: panda express copycat recipe, easy mushroom chicken, panda mushroom chicken copycat