- 2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 head of green cabbage, chopped with the core removed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegan butter
- In the base of a medium slow cooker, combine the vegetable broth, chopped cabbage, garlic powder, sea salt, pepper, and butter.
- Put the lid on the pot and set it to high for 2 hours.
- When the cooking time is up, remove the lid and stir the cabbage.
- Serve hot.
- You can get creative with the seasonings. Italian seasoning, dried thyme, or even dried dill would be great additions.
- If you aren’t on a vegan or vegetarian diet, you can use chicken broth instead of vegetable broth.
- If you are on a low-fat diet, feel free to leave out the butter.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 7.3 g
- Sodium: 221.4 mg
- Fat: 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.3 g
- Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 10.2 mg
Keywords: crockpot cabbage, slow cooker cabbage, buttered cabbage