This Slow Cooker Tri Tip Roast with Roasted Vegetables is a nourishing meal perfect for Sunday dinner or special occasions. This dish is gluten-free and so easy to make.
- 1 teaspoon avocado or olive oil
- 1–2 pound Tri Tip Roast (or your favorite cut of meat)
- 1 pound fingerling or white potatoes, washed and quartered
- 6 celery stalks, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 5 medium carrots, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 white or red onion, sliced
- ½ cup reduced sodium beef or chicken broth
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning or Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- chopped scallions, optional, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the roast and use tongs to brown for a few minutes on each side.
- In the meantime, add the potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, and broth to the base of a large slow-cooker (at least 6 quarts).
- Use the tongs to move the roast from the skillet to the slow-cooker.
- Add the rosemary sprigs to the slow-cooker, along with the steak seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Place the lid on the slow-cooker and set the temperature to low. Cook for 7-9 hours, or until the meat is tender and easily shreds.
- When you’re ready to serve, use a fork and tongs to shred the meat in the pot. Stir the meat and vegetables together and serve hot. Top with chopped scallions, if desired.
Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or, place any leftovers in a freezer-safe container for up to 2 months.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to cook a pot roast in the crockpot, slow cooker pot roast, paleo roast