- 1 pint fresh strawberries, about 2 cups (see notes if using frozen strawberries)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or sugar (optional, for extra sweetness)
- 1/4 cup water, only necessary if you are using a blender or a food processor to make the juice
- Wash and hull your strawberries. If you are using a blender or a food processor to make your juice, then cut your strawberries into halves (cut the larger berries into quarters).
- If you are using a juicer, then run the strawberries through the juicer. Collect the juice and then stir in the lime juice and sweetener, if using.
- If you are using a food processor or blender, add the strawberries, lime juice, and sweetener (if using) to the base. You may also need 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of water to help the blender or food processor work efficiently. Blend or process on high for 20-30 seconds, or until the mixture is smooth.
- If you are using a blender, you may need to add ¼ to ½ cup of water to help the mixture blend.
- Then, pour the blended strawberry juice through a fine mesh colander, using a spatula to gently push the juice through the colander. You can also do this using a nut milk bag. You won’t catch all of the fiber, but you’ll strain out some of the fiber to get a clearer juice. Discard the strawberry fiber or save it and use it for another purpose.
- Serve the strawberry juice immediately.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe for more servings.
- Fresh juice is best served right after it’s made. But, it can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- You can use frozen strawberries in this recipe. Defrost your strawberries in a bowl in the refrigerator 24 hours before making the juice.
- If you are using a masticating juicer to make your strawberry juice, you may need to add some hard textured fruits or vegetables to help the juicer work efficiently. You can use an apple or carrot to alternate with the strawberry pieces in the juicer.
- Strawberry juice can also be mixed with other fruit juices including apple, orange, or grapefruit.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Juicer or blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 30
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.3 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: strawberry juice in blender, strawberry juice in juicer, homemade strawberry juice