What do you do when you have too much zucchini? You can make this delicious soup that is hearty and filling. It’s perfect for those who are looking for a healthy and easy meal. This soup is gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan-friendly.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 3 Yukon gold potatoes, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Greek-style yogurt (use dairy-free yogurt for dairy-free diets)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large stockpot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté in the oil for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the zucchini, potatoes, and broth, and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pot, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Turn off the heat and use a hand immersion blender to blend the soup. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a regular blender (be very careful when blending hot liquids).
- Stir in the yogurt, salt, and pepper, and serve hot.
- You can easily double this recipe if you want more servings.
- Non-vegetarians can use chicken broth to increase the protein content of this soup.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: potato soup, vegan soup, blended soup, dairy free