- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the sweet potato wedges, oil, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Transfer the sweet potato wedges to your air fryer basket. Try to put them in a single layer without overlapping too much. Set the temperature to 350°F for 8 minutes.
- Open the air fryer basket and use tongs to turn the wedges over. Set the timer for an additional 6-8 minutes, or until the sweet potato wedges are fork-tender. Depending on how thick you slice your sweet potatoes, they may need more or less time. Be careful to not let them burn.
- Let them cool for a few minutes before serving hot.
- Some air fryer models needs to be preheated. Please refer to the owner’s manual of your particular model to see if you need to preheat it before using.
- You don’t have to peel the sweet potatoes if you don’t want to, but I prefer them peeled as they are easier to digest without the peel.
- Try to slice your wedges into uniform sizes as much as possible so they will cook evenly. Each sweet potato should yield about 6-8 wedges.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, you may be able to double this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: sweet potatoes in air fryer, sweet potato fries, air fryer potatoes