- 3 large Russet potatoes, scrubbed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided (for vegan or dairy-free diets, use Daiya vegan cheese)
- 1/3 cup sour cream (use dairy-free sour cream for vegan diets)
- 3 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled (leave off for vegan or vegetarian diets)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 fresh chives, diced (for topping)
- Use a fork to poke a few holes in each of your potatoes. This will ensure that they get cooked through.
- Then, use your hands or a clean paper towel to spread the oil over each of the potatoes. This helps the skins get crispy.
- Place the potatoes in the basket of your air fryer. Set the temperature to 400°F for 35 minutes.
- Use tongs to remove the cooked potatoes from the basket and transfer them to a heat-safe surface. Let them cool for a few minutes and then carefully cut each one open, being cautious not to slice all the way through to the bottom of the potatoes (you want the outside skin to remain intact).
- Use a spoon to carefully scoop out the insides of each potato into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the shredded cheese, sour cream, bacon (if using), salt, and pepper to the bowl. Use a potato masher or a fork to mix the ingredients well.
- Then, use a spoon to divide the mixture back into the skins of the potatoes.
- Carefully place the filled potatoes back into the air fryer basket. Cook for 5 minutes at 400°F to ensure that the filling gets warmed through.
- Use tongs to remove the potatoes to a serving plate.
- Top with the chopped chives and serve hot.
- One serving is half of a potato.
- Some air fryers need to be preheated. Please check the manufacturer’s guide of your model to see if it needs preheating.
- Some people like to have extra toppings for their twice baked potatoes. If so, either reserve some of the cheese and sour cream for topping or have some additional ingredients to use for topping.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: air fryer stuffed potatoes, air fryer twice baked potatoes, healthy twice baked potatoes