These healthy cookies are great for an after-school treat or a simple dessert.
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the oats to a food processor and process 20-30 seconds until the oats are coarsely ground. Add the bananas and almond milk to the food processor and process for another 30 seconds.
- Pour the oat and banana mixture into a medium mixing bowl. Add the cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Use a tablespoon to drop rounded amounts of the batter onto the baking sheet. You should be able to make about 15 cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the tops have turned golden brown. Let the cookies cool slightly before serving.
Store any leftover in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Or, you can let the cookies cool completely and store them in a zip-top bag in the freezer for up to 2 months.
For a heartier cookie, feel free to add 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil to the batter.
For a truly no sugar added cookie, substitute an equal amount of raisins for the chocolate chips.