These healthy cookies are great for an after-school treat or a simple dessert.
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the oats to a food processor and process 20-30 seconds until the oats are coarsely ground. Add the bananas and almond milk to the food processor and process for another 30 seconds.
- Pour the oat and banana mixture into a medium mixing bowl. Add the cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Use a tablespoon to drop rounded amounts of the batter onto the baking sheet. You should be able to make about 15 cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the tops have turned golden brown. Let the cookies cool slightly before serving.
Store any leftover in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Or, you can let the cookies cool completely and store them in a zip-top bag in the freezer for up to 2 months.
For a heartier cookie, feel free to add 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil to the batter.
For a truly no sugar added cookie, substitute an equal amount of raisins for the chocolate chips.
Lastly, if only have frozen bananas on hand, you can use them. Just let your frozen bananas defrost overnight in the refrigerator before using.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: banana cookies, healthy oatmeal cookies, vegan oatmeal cookies