This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
These Banana Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips are gluten free, vegan, and are low in added sugars.
What Makes These Healthy Oatmeal Cookies Special?
- Most oatmeal cookie recipes are loaded with sugar and butter. These oatmeal cookies are unique because they’re made without butter or any added oils. They are sweetened only with the ripe banana and the chocolate chips.
- You can even sub out the chocolate chips for raisins if you want to cut back on the sugar even more.
- These Banana Sweetened Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are perfect for an after-school treat that won’t ruin your kids’ appetite for dinner.
How to Make Banana Oatmeal Cookies
You will need a food processor or a good blender to make these banana oat cookies because you’ll need to process the oats into a coarse oat flour. I recommend a Cuisinart or a Breville Sous-Chef (affiliate links).
After you make the oat flour, then you add the ripe bananas and unsweetened almond milk to make your batter. Then, you just add the rest of the dry ingredients including ground cinnamon, baking powder, chocolate chips, and just a pinch of sea salt.
The cookies get baked in a 350 degree oven for just about 10 minutes. This is such an easy cookie recipe!
Other Variations for the Gluten Free Banana Cookies
I’ve tested this recipe a few ways, including with and without coconut oil. The addition of the coconut oil makes the cookies heartier and even more satisfying, but I’ve left it out of the final recipe to keep it oil-free. Feel free to adapt this recipe to meet your needs.
I’ve also made this recipe using raisins instead of chocolate chips for a truly no sugar added cookie. Just be sure you use a vegan or dairy-free chocolate chip brand.
Other Healthy Vegan & Low-Sugar Dessert Recipes You Might Like:
- Chocolate-Banana Oat Bars
- Chocolate-Orange Hemp Bites
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding
- Date-Hemp Energy Balls
- Nut Butter Cookies
And, don’t miss my round-up of the 33 best Vegan Cookie Recipes!
Here’s my printable recipe for these Banana Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips:Print
These healthy cookies are great for an after-school treat or a simple dessert.
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the oats to a food processor and process 20-30 seconds until the oats are coarsely ground. Add the bananas and almond milk to the food processor and process for another 30 seconds.
- Pour the oat and banana mixture into a medium mixing bowl. Add the cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Use a tablespoon to drop rounded amounts of the batter onto the baking sheet. You should be able to make about 15 cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the tops have turned golden brown. Let the cookies cool slightly before serving.
Store any leftover in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Or, you can let the cookies cool completely and store them in a zip-top bag in the freezer for up to 2 months.
For a heartier cookie, feel free to add 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil to the batter.
For a truly no sugar added cookie, substitute an equal amount of raisins for the chocolate chips.
Enjoy as a snack or whenever you need a healthy sweet fix!
Pin this Gluten Free Banana Cookie recipe to Pinterest to save it:
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!