These Banana-Sweetened Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are so easy to make and are a super healthy treat!
You’ll need a food processor to make the oat flour and to process the bananas. I use a Breville Sous-Chef.
I originally made this recipe without any added oils, but I did test it again with two tablespoons of coconut oil. I feel like this addition makes the cookies heartier and even more satisfying. Plus, coconut oil is safe for baking. Feel free to adapt this recipe to meet your needs.
The chocolate chips I used in this recipe are these.
Here’s my printable recipe:Print
These healthy cookies are great for an after-school treat or a simple dessert.
- 2 cups gluten-free uncooked rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add oats to a food processor and process 20-30 seconds until oats are ground into a flour.
- Combine oat flour with cinnamon and cocoa powder in a medium bowl. Add bananas to the food processor and process 20-30 seconds until pureed.
- Add bananas to the flour mixture and stir in the coconut oil, nuts, and chocolate chips.
- Plop cookie-sized dough ball onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until slightly browned on top.
Enjoy as a snack or whenever you need a healthy sweet fix!
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!